• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

UFOash

Captain
25 Badges
Aug 16, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 2
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Okay, this is my first game, I've done the tutorials, now I'm playing as Britain (rather badly no doubt).
Most of my goals arn't really practical, they're mostly just random goals I'd like to do lol.
I've read a few AAR's, like the I am Saim one, or the Noob Tsar :), technically its not an After Action report, because I havn't finished:rolleyes:, but I don't think either of those had either.

Janurary, 1836.

I set the Capitalists on industrialising Yorkshire but, as I expected of the ruddy capitalists, they ignored me

Texas asked for my alliegance against Mexico, I declined, I'm not going to get into a war, with a pontential power no less, because of Texas!
TexasAlliance.jpg

I tried to get Egypt & France on my side, but France seems unimpressed & the damn Ottoman's are trying to influencing the Egyptians.

I already had vague ideas of who I was going to ally with, so I batted off Prussia & Spains requests, the former turned out to be a good decision because they went into a war with Austria & all their allies shortly after lol.

HolySiteDisturbed-Quebec.jpg

The French were also warring, I sent funds to them, that way I'll gain respect from them and they'll gain Tunis.
I started manouvering Irish Artillery & recruiting Soldiers to move to Cape Town, in preparation to invade the "Zulu's"
WarsApril241836.jpg

Last edited:
Anglo-BrazillianAlliance.jpg

I set up an alliance network, most notably Sweden & Brazil, as well as expanding my influence with Argentina, Holland & (my favourite) Egypt!

I moved my final addition to the Cape Town Garrison in preparation for the invasion of Zululand, but the Portugese (another new ally) declared war on them first, I immediately followed suit.
RushforZuluAnglo-Portugese.jpg

Other wars seemed to be winding town, Austria & Prussia (+ their allies) reached a white peace agreement (?).
Russia was running around bullying Persia, as soon as they'd finished the Ottomans went in & took another chunk from them. :rolleyes:.
(I may have to do something about them, as their also expanding across uncolonised British Columbia, and I might even be able to free Finland and Georgia too :))

WarsJanurary301837.jpg

I rushed past the first province of the Zulu Kingdom to their capital, where the only Zulu army marched down from a Portugese-African territory they'd been occupying.
I destroyed them, but the Portugese navy (who had blockaded all Zulu ports) dropped marines into another province & occupied it!
They started first, but I had the most troops so I finished & entered the final province just before the Portugese.
After that had been occupied, neither me nor Portugal had enough WS to claim the Kingdom, the Zulu's were persistantly trying to negotiate a white peace. luckily the Portugese backed down & let me have Zululand :D.

I already had my plans for the next war (as other Great Powers seem to do), I declared war on Hawaii & sent my Calcutta Army (which I'd already loaded onto the boats :D) off with some Man O' Wars to claim the island.

After that, I hope to knock those imperialist ruskies down a notch.

On another front, the Conservatives held their rule in the elections, but I knocked them off for the nationalist party shortly afterwards:rofl:

EDIT: New pic.
HittingHawaii.jpg

Last edited:
Warsof1839.jpg

Several wars going on, notably the Chinese (the largest army in the world) & Japan (who've allied with China & Korea...thats one way to go:rofl:) fighting the Russians (second largest army...I'm third I think) for Mongolia, which is Chinese owned.
I hope Russia gets their comeuppance, but I doubt China will go too far with terms even if they win, so Russia is still a possible future target.

Portugal moved almost straight from their failed Zulu war to Oman...probably seeking to regain lost prestige.
The Afghans are also the latest to bully the poor Iranians/Persians :( but later Panjab decides to help their allies & fight the afghans :)

Meanwhile, I could of sworn the Hawians had 1 brigade when I checked them out before the war, but as my fleets move from the Indies to the island, they seem to have misplaced them :rofl:. oh well, good for me!:D

Heres a nice suprise...:mad:
OttomansDeclareWaronEgypt.jpg

The Turks are demanding the last piece of their Ankaran puzzle, that happens to be in Egypts hands.:(

Meanwhile...I reach Hawaii, a small attack fleet enters followed by my Troop Transportation Fleet, carrying an army of Indian soldiers just raring to kill!
I do dissappoint...in my infinate N00bness, I am lost finding a way to land my troops on the island...
Oh yeah, the Hawaiian Brigade reappeared lol.

HandlingNegotiansEgyptvsOttomanEmpire.jpg

I will not allow any friends of mine to be made a mockery of!
After banning the Ottomans Embassy in Cairo, I am the most infuencial power in Egypt. Funding the war was not enough, the Russian & Turkish war machines have both proven over & over that they will not stop until they have gained their prizes from each of their neighbours.
Russia may have hit a roadblock with China & their ally Japan, I thought, lets give the Ottomans some casualties & defeats!

The Turks call on their allies (Wallonia & Moldavia) & mobilise their reserves...this mildly troubles me, but I persevere without screwing over my economy by pulling my workers from factories to the battlefield.

BattleofHawaiiBritishvsHawaiiRoyalGuard.jpg

Unsuprisingly, the Hawaiian Royal Guard prove no match for my 15000 man bloodthirsty army:rofl:.
Unfortunately, it seems my "bloodthirsty warriors" are trapped...shortly after the battle finishes several of my ships get marooned or shipwrecked, I retreat them, besides I don't even have enough transport remaining to take even a third of the army back :rolleyes:

LiberatingEgyptianAnkarafromOttomans.jpg

Another, much more important fleet action is taking place in the Mediterranean.
I moved my small Gibraltar fleet to protect Malta, where I had also begun assembling some artillerymen.
An emergency force from the Isle of Wight, made up of a Reserve fleet & a Transport fleet, scouts the Near-Eastern Coast, finding nothing we prepare a landing.

The Main Channel fleet following behind is unnessary, it seems, but it can still blockade Cyprus & defend against any potential Ottoman naval threat.

My South African army leaves Ultata in Zululand & head to Cape Town where the fleet that delivered the Irish Sligo Artillery & extra infantry was waiting, raising a Zulu Semi-Independant force to defend against the off chance the Zulu Nationalists get violent.
Upon arriving in Cape Town however, I realise that the fleet is much too small to move the garrisoned troops, they will have to wait for appropriate transport & will probably miss the war.

Egypt has been occupied in several outer areas, if this offensive fails...we may be forced to cede Egyptian Ankara (and possibly more) to the Ottoman Empire.

Persia gain the upper hand against Afghanistan, Panjab (Persia's ally) makes peace with Afghanistan in return for land, if your interested :D.

Last edited:
Late 1839...

The armies of Lester Plummer are the first Britons to arrive in Egyptian Arabia.
They climb silently from their landing boats with their muskets & onto the shore under the cover of the midnight sky of the Near-East.

December 1.
The army is marching forth, the 1.1st Cavalry Brigade has spotted the entrenched enemy ahead.
The troops move aside to allow the cavalry behind the lines, then the Southern Armies of Lester Plummer charge over the hillside & through the musket fire of the Imperialist Turks led by Receh Pasha.

InitialInvasionEast.jpg

BattleofLatakiavsOttomans.jpg

The cowards retreat! But Plummer gives chase & successfully destroys the army at the Battle of Homs
BattleofHomsvsOttomanE.jpg

The Ottomans have occupied various areas of Egypt, too much for one army to handle (even given its superior size & skill in relation to the neighboring armies).
Despite the Wallonian Army marching with the Ottomans to take Latikia, the Egyptians are nowhere to be found (?).
They are constructing fleets but this war is on land!

I move my Northern Army south to await the return of the Convoy Fleet.
The Conway Army meets them in Southampton. The South African Garrison set off (leaving a regiment or two behind) for Egypt from the South too.
I also moved my new Maltese Artillery Regiment towards Plummers Army but they were intercepted & destryed by the Ottomans. :(

ArmiesinArabia1840WallachiansOEs.jpg

Plummer gives chase to another "Army" moving away from them as the "Channel Fleet", now stationed in the Cypriot Gulf, splits in half & blockades the Cypriot, Balkan & South Turkish ports of the Ottoman Empire.

IrishSoldier-Kildare.jpg

Now I couldn't give a Rats R's about how the Irish salute, all I care about is that they're disciplined & combat effective.
They better well be combat effective because once their recruitment drive is over I'm packing them on our boats & shipping them to Palestine!

There is no doubt that if we bordered the ottomans as Sweden borders Finland we could annihalate their armies & claim victory in no time.
The Great British Empire has meerly suffered from a lack of transport, the South African Army has had to cut down its numbers to fit into the fleet that was sent, and the Southern Army is fighting alone & struggling to hold down Arabia while the Navy flips back the long hike to bring the re-enforcments.

BattleofDamascusvsOE.jpg

Plummer marches on to defeat an Ottoman Army at Damascus, then follows the exhausted army to crush the army at another battle further south.

He also spots a Moldavian Army eastwards & engages Ottoman Forces at the Battle of Amman, securing another victory for Great Britain.

IonianIslandsjonwarforAnkara.jpg

The Ottomans think they can steal my allies do they?
The Ionian Islands are more Political help than military, but who knows, they might suprise us! :D

By other news, the War for Mongolia continues.
Sino-JapanesegainsonRussia1839.jpg

China & Japan secure various regions in Eastern Russia, but Russia again turns the tables & secures two parts of North Chinese Mongolia.

The Dutch (allies & in my sphere) are continuing their colonisation of Indonesia by invadig Johore, who I give Military Access to so they don't have to march around...doubt it will help :rofl:

looks like the South African Army will be the first to reinforce the South England Army in Egypt, only time can tell if it'll be a heroic relief operation or feeding the meat grinder...

Last edited:
I believe it was Desiderius Erasmus who said "War is delightful to those who have no experiance of it".

With that in mind, anyone looking for war news must first wade through my colonisation news :rofl:
WashingtonColonised.jpg

Thats right! Washington is mine! :D
With help from the Alberta colonisation army (canadians who first colonised Alberta) Washington is now in British hands!

Those of you who revel in war may be dissappointed.
My army in Egypt was understandably tired, how can one army hold down all on Egyptian Arabia?
Luckily my South African army arrived, unluckily the forces were still streched thin.
I moved my tired Southern Army away from Aqaba, they were too low in men from the many battles to continue forward like this.
I marched them on northwards to stop the Ottomans/Wallonians taking another province but stopped them in Jerusaleum, a Moldavian Army was in the way & it was too late to save the province.

The South Africans met a about equal force at Aqaba:
BattleofAqabavsOE.jpg

Under the roars of musket fire & the screams of charging Ottoman cavalry, Geoffrey Thesiger, who had overseen the Invasion of Zululand, retreated through the Sinai.

I moved the Plummers army to re-engage the Ottomans but stopped them to rest, not wishing to lose my major army fighting an 19th century paschendale.

I was mainly trying to slow the Ottomans until my Northern & Conway units arrived, followed shortly by the Irish "D Division".
But then things took a turn I hadn't contemplated. :confused:
PeacewithOttomanEmpire-StatusQuo.jpg

After a short contemplation, I took the offer & ended the war.
I had hoped to possibly push the Ottomans back & back & make them sign a semi-disarmarment treaty, but I guess we all have to compromise, Russia seems much more overimperialist anyway.

Shortly afterwards the Ottomans demobilised their reserves & I began arranging transportation from the Middle East.

EDIT: Stacked the Irish pictures, they were streching the screen side-by-side
IrishRuntinsultsofficer.jpg

MinorityBuildingRestrictions-IrishWaterford.jpg

In 1836 I had planned to release Ireland within a year, I had unfortunately had to sent some Irish Artillery recruits to South Africa, who then participated in the Anglo-Zulu War.
Now after the latest war, Ireland seems much too valuable.
Without the Irish army those reinforcments (that never came due to the peace deal) wouldn't have seemed half as important or table-turning.

On International news...
Portugal have made another "enemy", who convieniantly is small, easily invaded & uncivilised :rolleyes:

The Dutch are making suprisingly slow progress in Jahore, I know I saw a dutch army standing in the center of Johore last time I looked :confused:.

Russia has exploited their advantage & pushed the war further in their favour, however the Sino-Japs are making some progress in Siberian Russia.
Serbia has convieniantly decided to honor their alliance now, when Russia has gained a decent lead.
Russia have mobilised.
Wars1840JulySerbiajoinsRussia.jpg

Shortly after this was taken, Serbia also mobilised.

I decided to fund the Transvall military, can't have the Portugese Africa getting too strong now can we? :D
I've renamed the Alberta colonisation army the NA colonisation army & moved the to Oregon, I'm assured I'll have both Ideological thought & Oregon before 1843.
Oregon is due to be colonised in Jan, 31, which just so happens to be my birthday:D.
I think stealing some lands from the Yankee-Doodles should make a good birthday present for me :rofl:

Oregon and Washington are nice, and a white peace with the Ottomans wasn't bad in the circumstances. Where next for the Empire?

I don't know lol.
As much as I'd love to war with Russia, they have the second biggest Army in the world, their civilised & my transport problem will be maximised (Russia is even further than Egypt I think:D).

I guess I'll probably just see what crops up, I hadn't planned on warring with the Ottomans, and I had planned on releasing Ireland & fighting Russia.
Seems like my plans rarely work out :rofl:

Peace...
The British Isles are settling now after the scrambling of the armies, building & racing to the east to fight the Ottomans.

Other wars seem to be winding down also:
Russo-ChinesePeaceDemandMongolia.jpg

The Chinese finally secede Mongolia to the Ottomans, ending the violent war with them.

Times like this would probably be the best time to release the Irish, Indeed I'm constantly getting "events" about Irish segregation or Anti-British sentiments.
Maybe later...:D

LiberalAuthor-1.jpg

I'm not too fond of the Liberals really, not my favourite of ideologies.
However I do see appeal in the idea of a republic, doubt they'll ever be sufficiently pissed to overthrow the monarchy though anyway. :)

France is capitalising...
FrancedeclaresonOttomanEmpireoverKermanshah.jpg

Breaking the pattern of large wars, peace (Austro-Prussian, Peace, Anglo-Ottoman, Peace) the French have declared war on the Ottoman Empire for the region of Kermanshah.
Ironically, this is the region the Ottomans stole from Persia after capitalising on their defeat at the hands of Russia.

The fiasco prompts me to look eastwards, where I see this:
OttomanRebelTrouble-Refurbished.jpg

The Ottomans appear to have a rebel problem. :)
Apparently the only one in the world to have this problem, or at least to the extent of occupation, the Ottomans have Iraqi Nationalists in Baghdad, Reactionaries controlling all of Tripoli and Anarcho-Liberals in Lovia, Bosnia.

My only conclusion is that they are damaged by the recent war, they have been knocked to 8th in rank, the fact that they're still a great power is more due to Belgiums inadaquacies than the Ottomans might.

At home I am preparing a fleet to sail & recover the Calcutta army stranded on Hawaii, and I've aso prepared a Bengali Army to occupy Hawaii & act as a fast attack force in case we face any war in the New World.

EgyptaddedtoSphereofInfluence.jpg

Yay! :rofl:
Finally the Egyptians are in my domain!
Argentina & Denmark shouldn't be far behind.
Sweden, my first proper ally, has been sucked into the Russian sphere of influence, unfortunately they may be an enemy if it comes to an Anglo-Russian war (however that seems increasingly unlikely, even with their superimperialism)

FrenchblockadesofOttomans.jpg

I was slightly unsure of how the French would approach this, I guess it would be simple for them to just follow my way of shooting transports in, however they also have French Tunis & French Algiers so they always have other options.
One thing they did follow my lead in was cutting up their fleets & blockading practically every Ottoman port.

The Netherlands annexed Johore, then moved straight to Saim. :mad:
I'm getting pretty sick of them crushing these states every direction they can go, I think its too late fo Saimese Singapore but I'm hoping to ally with Dia-Nam & cut them off.

RefurbishedtroublefortheOttomanEmpire.jpg

France have marched through Coastal Tripoli (the only part not rebel occupied) & crushed the ajacant coastal province as well.
Reactionary armies are spring up all over mainland Turkey, Edirne in Rumelia & Eastern Macdonia have fell to Anarcho-Liberals also :eek:
To top it off the French have established a beachhead in Albania, if I were a betting man I'd say the Sultans days are numbered.

Looks like Khiva, who lost lots of their land to Russia several years ago, have fell to reactionaries too.:rolleyes:
ReactionariesforceKhivanreforms.jpg

:rofl:

[I've added edited versions of the "ottoman rebel" pics, the others were hard to see the red/rebels]

Last edited:
Okay...the pictures are often too small to read.
I've looked into it & the problem was Photobucket shrinking my pics as they were uploaded.
Fixed it so further pics should be readable & clearer, and I've updated the "Liberal Author" pic to show you improvement. :)

I left you in the peaceful land of fluffy bunnies & cuddly puppies I believe...:rofl:

I mock the previous time because despite the peacefulness on the outside Britain was still a "war nation".
Constantly fighting someone...trying to stop the Dutch advancing into Indochina, funding nations to try & protect my own interests, its a constant war even if its just for status quo.

The Ottomans unsuprisingly surrender "Persian" Kermanshah, not even sure how the French will supply it from their anyway to be honest.

OregonColonised.jpg

I've colonised Oregon, I immediatly build forts in Baker City & Klamath Falls to keep the Yanks out.

I also start the building of a Fast Response Fleet in Hawaii, now I have the ability to strike anywhere in the New World should a war break, or at least I will:rolleyes:.

I've also had to spread some rumours about the Francais to keep them out of Belgium & Holland :mad:.

TibetaskforhelpagainstPanjab.jpg

!
Tibet has decided to invade Panjab, and they want my help.
I was hoping for peace...at least for a few more years, but Tibet is a valuable ally & I can't afford to lose them for a war I'm quite capable of participating in.

Sikkim join our side, while Persia (a nation I was hoping to improve relations with:mad:), Kalat & Sindh joined Panjub on the defensive front.

I didn't really want this war...and I'm not going to strain my military or risk whole armies for this ridiculous war of agression & expansionism.

DenmarkenterSoI.jpg

On I kinder note, I have successfully influenced the Danish, Prussia & Austria are also competing though so holding on to this one could prove rather hard.

ElectionResults1842.jpg

As the new year rolled in, I called an election.
The Liberals looked posed to great gains as they gathered up to 35% vote, but several debates on protectionism & the military proved the decider & rewon the high seat for the Conservatives.

The war in Asia goes on...
It turns out all sides have a common enemy:
PanjabvsKashmiriNationalistsJUN1842.jpg

Rebels...
The Nationalists & Reactionaries practically rule the real Panjub, as we enter I face the first battle of the War.
FirstBattleofFirozpurvsIndianPan-Nationals.jpg

The First battle of Firozpur was an easy victory, the weak & undisciplined rebels are no match for the Gurkhas & Dehlis of the British Army India.

The Ottomans are also on the very brink of collapse, the Anarcho-Liberals own all of the Tripoli that the french didn't kick them out of, reactionaries are pulling their homeland to its knees & nationalists have sprung up in Nasiriyah (Iraq), Bosnia & Bulgaria.

The other powers smell oppurtunity in the air.
The purpose of the French colony in Kermanshah soon becomes clear.
The Russians declare war on Afghanistan & the French declare war on Persia.
Only Bukkhara comes to Afghanistans aid & Persia is left to lose another precious piece of its resourceful land as all its allies are struggling for Panjub & their own nations.

CentralAsia1842MultipleWars.jpg

The rebel problem in Panjub is ridiculous.
The 30000 strong "Rebel Hub" peels off "Brigades" desperately to hold of the foreign invader, Bikaner is called in by me to provide more manpower, an indian neighbour of which I can call many more.

RebelbattlesinBorderlandPanjab.jpg

The Second Battle of Firozpur ends no differently than the first, the Rebel hub moves back once we take Firozpur & we take its former place in Lohore.

If the Panjabi's think I and my allies are going to march in & clear their problems away, they are in for the shock of there lives.
I hope they overthrow the useless Punjabis & put in someone more Tibet friendly...that way I won't have to drag my armies up to their country & pillage cities for absolutely no interest to myself or the people of my empire.

I'm also getting bloody sick of hearing of Russian victories!
Kokand was the most recent & no doubt I'll hear of another in Afghanistan, I feel sure I'll have to do something here, knock those bloody Ruskies out of British Columbia & relieve the Persian & other territories they've defiled!

SecondBattleofFirozpur.jpg

EDIT:Second Battle of Firozpur pic added

Last edited:
Okay...
Lohore was terribly guarded, the lone brigade left in fear as I moved in.
The remaining forces didn't even number a brigade's worth! The Dehli's slaughtered them where they stood.

Persia were clearly out of the war, I made it official with a nice side peace deal with just Persia. Clearly they have their priorities straight.

PeacewithPersiaPanjab-TibetanWar-1.jpg

It didn't take long before the citizens of Lohore had cobbled together a white flag to hang from their city hall, the Panjabi's recognised that with their out-of-control rebel problem & the capital in British hands resistance was futile.
PeacewithPanjabMissionaccomplished.jpg

Finally...We can all go home. :rolleyes:

Cholera is spreading through Hoshangabad (India), hope we can sort that one out soon.

The Austrian-Prussian Brothers war is revitalised, its all well & good these Kings fighting each other for the right to say "I'm Better"...but sacrificing people for the gains of greedy emperors is ridiculous.
At least the Russians will have something to show for their dead mens lives.

Speaking of which, Russia is decimating Afghanistan, Persia may have some luck (finally) as they've managed to invade a French province (presumably because France is having a hard time supplying it.)
This war is a little different I guess because Austria is the agressor this time. :rolleyes:
SecondAustro-PrussianBrothersWarWars1443.jpg

OttomansbecomePresidentialDictatorship-1843-1.jpg

When I'm right I'm right...
The Sultan has lost his throne to reactionaries!
I'm not terribly shocked, this is probably a good thing for the Turks...they've lost their king but the reactionaries should calm down now.
While it may seem easy to think the Ottomans could now stabalise & keep themselves in the "Big 8", the Anarcho-Liberals still hold many outer states & practically every nation of the Ottomans Empire is pushing for independance.

This seems to be a point in the Ottoman Empire, their empire is build on these smaller cultures near their nation & when it comes down they all push for independance.
Perhaps in a decade or two the same ideas will be put towards a downfall of the British Empire...:(

After years of grinding away at the French, practically since I rose to power in 1836, diplomats have been back and forth between London & Paris, with Rejected Alliance-Patching it up-Rejecting alliance-patching it up.
Finally they've decided to join forces with the Great British Empire, two European Superpowers side-by-side! :D

ColonialIncidentwithFrance-1.jpg

I could have gained a casus belli (war justification) on France, but I don't intend warring with them & the alliance is fresh by like a week.

France patches it up with Persia ( in return for land of course :rolleyes:), I should be rooting for the french but I cannot help but sympathise with Persia.

The Russians go a different way, they make peace with the Afghans (for a lot more land than I'd thought, practically splitting Afghanistan in two.) but add war goals against Bukkhara, not sure what became of them but the wars looks over now.

This was the last bloody straw! Those Ruskies will feel the wrath of Britain! And soon! :mad:
I am building relations with Prussia, hopefully when they're done with their pathetic kings war they can enter a real war & crush some Tsarist hide!

I move my Calcutta army from Hawaii but to Seattle instead of India...hopefully I can retake british columbia in its whole.

My origional plan was to take land from the US of A but by the time I'm done...Russia will have buried five more nations!

Rebels1843real.jpg

The nations of europe have awakened :rolleyes:
Apparently everyone is banding together to form a "better nation", not realising that the rebels of other nations are demanding a system "like britains"! :rolleyes:.
And Quebec nationalists!? Ha! I can maybe support Canadian nationalism (and by support, I mean crush:D) but Quebec nationalism!? Don't make me laugh!

This makes me sad...
JapanfollowstheOttomanreactionaryroute-1.jpg

The Japanese have followed in the Ottomans example & created a republican nation.
They've defaced they're royal flag with a sploge of blue & declared the new nation. :(

The Jacobins rebelled, all across the British Isles & india, but they were put down easily (although losses were quite high for the Irish & Welsh units).
My Indian comrades even gave me a hand with the rebels, don't know that I could count on my European allies to help me like that.

MightofRussia-Late1843.jpg

Heres "the might of Russia" in all its..."glory" :mad::rolleyes:

The Chinese have declared war on Korea, The new Japanese Republic (who is allied with both) stays out of it. (refusing the Chinese demanding participation)

After the Jacobins have been put down I move the Scottish "E Division" across the atlantic towards New Brunswick, British Canada.

If the Ottomans start losing their outer nations (the Balkans, Iraq ect) they may lose superpower status, the Netherland & Mexico have overtaken Belgium, Holland are only lacking in Military Score from overtaking the Turks.
Competition between France & Britain continues over the European Spheres, looks like Netherlands may be changing Spheres as Spain & France increase their influence there.

Last edited:
The change to conservativism had rebounded my economy off the strain of the Tibetan-Panjabi war.
It allowed me to continue my pillaging of the rich while letting the poor live nice & comfortably, a ideal which had been hampered by the Liberals tax limits meaning I had to even out taxes to avoid economic downfall.

With the Jacobins & their so-called "awakening", I felt it nessesary to elect the liberals & I also repealed the "Corn Laws".
I may have now had an increase in reactionaries :)rolleyes:) but the liberals have lowered in militiancy.

I've taken this of Central Asia, the first is 1836 the second 1843.
1836CentralAsia.jpg

1843CentralAsia.jpg

:rolleyes:

The Austrians add another wargoal, to humiliate Hesse-Kassel (?).

Meanwhile I'm scouting out a serious war.
You can understand from looking at the above pics my hesitance to attack Russia, I've reverted back to my plans to take land from the USA.

France has declared intention to take more land from Algeria, I normally wouldn't care but this seems to have provoked them to abandon their alliance to me.
Prussia is also looking unsure, I feel need to wait till after their war with Austria before I ask or I'll get roped in to that one. :rolleyes:

I also need to act quick if I'm going to hit US for other reasons.
The Americans are increasing influence in Brazil, leaving my alliance with them a relic if I they have to choose between me or their controllers.
Mexico is another threat, they have a military score almost equal to America's & all my allies are across the pond.

OttomansovertakenasGPbyHolland.jpg

The Ottomans are bowled over, old news to the new rising power The Netherlands, this takes pressure off me because now I don't have to fend the other Europeans off with a stick to keep hold on the Dutch.

The Austrians gained peace with Hesse-Kassel, but they joined again afterwards at Prussian request.
EndofSecondAustro-PrussianBrothersWar.jpg

The war was then solved, like I'm interested. :rofl:

Bosnian Rebels got their way, forcing their demands on the Ottomans:
Bosniadeclaresindependance.jpg

I was straight in as the first to throw influence at them. :D

I began grounded some infantry together in Southern India & Transports from Sri Lanka for the upcoming war.

Its still sketchy in my mind, I'm not sure if I should (or will) go ahead with it, the US units I've observed from Canada seem insignificant compared to many of my armies, but as with all war the fog doesn't clear until the damage is done.
I had instantly set my sights on Michigan, a decent size area, good relation to British Canada & a nice force of Labourers.

I drew up some possible goals, New York wasn't ever really a contender but I looked it up either way:

Michigan-18ws
Humilation-15ws
Disarmarment-50ws
New York-52ws

New york suprised me! I'd much rather throw the US down than gain New York!

I decided to go with Michigan & Humiliation probably.

The allies I plan to call are quite naval nations historically, so if this war does emerge it should be a real bout!

EDIT: Since this one's short (er) I'll add in that Geoffrey Thesiger, who led the Afrikkaans in the conquest of Zululand & the Battle of Aqaba, has died naturally.
I've schueled a monument to be built in Sheffield in his honour. :)

Last edited:
OK, I've downloaded the simple "Rebel Fix" from the General Forum, seems good now so I'll continue see what heppens.
.................................................................................................

Okay, for a start the "Jacobin Uprising" is supposedly over, for now at least.

The Russians have allied with the practically anarchic Ottoman Empire, who are only keeping their territories because rebels with different ideologies are warring with eachother, with the newly crowned Sultan (rebels reinstated their monarch, albeit as just a head of state for the Caliphate) watching helplessly as his nation tears itself to pieces.
The Austrians follow the Russians & too ally themselves with the Turks.

More importantly however, The British Empire is about to embark on its most ambitous feat of my reign so far, declaring war on the United States of America!
My Tamil Army lands in Portland, Oregon (however 2 units are still being pieced together & will arrive at a later date.), fresh & green not far from the veteran Calcutta army in Seattle.

The US are knocked down to 5th power by Austria just before I make my declaration, failure could mean my nation descending into a national warzone like the Ottomans, victory could mean this fate would be that of Americas. :)

I declare war bringing my old allies Sweden & my new ones Denmark with me.
As I expected, America brings their puppets Liberia & their allies Mexico & USCA with them.
I march my Canadian army towards New England & my Calcutta army (in Seattle) through the mountains, the US army in NE tries to avoid me & hit the smaller Scot units instead, but the Canadians chase them.
USWesternFront1845Anglo-AmericanwarforMichigan.jpg

The Americans manage to escape the Canadian Garrison under Cyril Churchill (good old british name:D) by one mere day & escape to Lewiston.
They are just about to cross the border to Sherbrooke when the Canadian catch them!

Meanwhile Liberia cross the border to Sierra Leone & begins the seige of Freetown, my trusty South Africans board steamboats & set off for Sierra Leone.

Wars1845warformichiganallies.jpg

I call in the French, Dutch & Portugese (as well as Ionian Islands) to the war, they happily lend a hand & the war begins to gain its swing.

The Battle of Lewiston is taking a turn, the outnumbered Americans have chosen a specific battlefield to their advantage.
The Canadians begin to lose their nerve & soon their is but one Brigade holding the line.

BattleofLewistonvsUS.jpg

Cyril Churchill will be severely punished for his failure to hold his troops together & the humiliation he has brought to the Great British Empire.

But for now, he retreats to the North-East as another important battle begins.
FightingoverFreetownWarforMichiganvsLiberia.jpg

The South African Garrison arrives to the cheers of British Colonists & African Natives under British rule as their steamships & clippers dock in the ragtag ports at Sierra Leone.
They march up & engage the Liberians, fearlessly putting down the hordes of inept soldiers, useless against the higher numbered & better equipped British Army.
BattleofSierraLioneFreetownvsLiberia.jpg

Soon the siege is lifted & the South African Army marchs across the border into Monrovia, the capital of Liberia.

The Fleets of my various allies can be seens buzzing back & forth through the Atlantic, the French have blockaded the entire western coast of America by the time the Channel Fleet arrives, intending to do the very same job, the South of the USA is then blockaded, with the only notable exception being Florida.

The Southern Army haunts the Centre of the USA, the large army moves northwards as seen by our reconaissance but then swerves back out of sight, presumably to where a small band of rebels are camped.
That Army could be the deciding force in this great battle of Powers.
The Calcutta Army loses their Leader to natural causes, though as proven in their invasion of Hawaii, the Indian Calcutta Army is perfectally capable of fighting independantly.

FrenchblockadesofAmerica.jpg

We have taken Watertown with the Highland Scots, now we prepare to expand our war & crush America beneath the heel of the Mighty British Empire!

Last edited:
That's a weird picture of Asian borders. Especially love the Chinese porvince in the middle of Russia :rofl:

Exactly how did you fix Photobucket from shrinking your pics? I'm having the same problem.

That's a weird picture of Asian borders. Especially love the Chinese porvince in the middle of Russia :rofl:

Exactly how did you fix Photobucket from shrinking your pics? I'm having the same problem.

Next to the "tip" under the "Upload Files" button, it should say "(more options)".
Click that & you'll probably notice the setting is set on 15" screen.
Set it to 17" screen & it should be the same scale as my above pictures. :)

Last edited:
Okay, the Reactionaries are seemingly the more violent of the two major militiant groups, so I've changed to conservatives to calm some down abit, hopefully the less committed ones will notice were at least achknowleging them & will see that as reason enough to stand down.

In North America, Cyril Churchill is regaining strength & the Scots Army has marched into Plattsburgh.
The Conway (Welsh) Division of the British Isles Army lands in Truro, New Brunswick & quickly moves westwards, eager to shoot some yanks.
While the Welsh begin to occupy Bangor, the Scots in Plattsburgh are watching over a nearby US Army detachment.

The unit is smaller than the Canadian & Scottish Units (seperately) & the morale isn't great, they are trying to get down to join up with the formidable South Army in New York (fighting a rebel brigade) but the Scots are threatening to intercept them.
These Yanks clearly don't want to be engaged, the French have loaded transports all over the Western coast & we have all the higher US areas covered, they're in for a tough walk.

The Canadian Garrison is rallied & traps the Yanks in Burlington in a pincer movement.
TrappingUSArmyinBurlington.jpg

The Yanks escape with just 1004 Casualties, but we chase them into Albany & kill another thousand before turning back to regain our own strength.

The Coalition is beginning to pull its weight, the French are hitting all over the Western coast & Central America in small numbers (raids).
The Swedish launch a landing in Dover, upon occupying that they move into Baltimore.

The Dutch have helped the British Tamil Army occupy Eureka & are now following the same process as we occupy San Francisco.
Portugal & Denmark are assaulting the USCA:
CoalitionattacksonCentralAmerica.jpg

Further up the French are are landing troops in Mexican Central America, reinforcing them with another brigade while their steam transport takes fire from a Mexican Battleship.

The USA have sent four frigates (all working independantly) against a four ship french frigate squadron off the Southern Coast of Cuba.

Cyril Churchill & his merry Canadians march to recouperate in Montreal, revitalised by their victory over the very yanks that routed them in Lewiston.
However those yanks are not finished yet, in Manhattan the Southern Army has finished with the rebels, united with the wounded US Army coming from the North, and is heading up to Plattsburgh with Fiery Eyes & Loaded Muskets!

The Scots of just 3 Brigades are outnumbered by the Dixie Armies & take heavy casualties every day, the still flimsy Canadian Army sends their Toronto Artillery Regiment down to help the scots.

But the line is spread thin, the Artillery unit is forced onto the frontlines and (as can be expected) take heavy casualties.
The Canadians, by Early March, are forced to head down to Plattsburgh or the Scots will retreat!

Cyril Churchill arrives two days later on the 10th of March, the sound of the Canadian Warhorns refills the hope of the battered & war-torn highlanders but the battle is still far from won.
The British & The Americans fall under a mist of barrel smoke & clash in a mix of Blue & Red as bayonet troops spear eachother & the grass is coated with blood.

BattleofPlattsburgh.jpg

The US Army retreats! The British Empire is victorious!

The US is now plagued with Rebels & the Central American Nations cannot cover their land from the Mass Coalition Forces:
RebelsinWesternUS.jpg

May1846CentralAmericaOccupation.jpg

This war should be ours in no time!

In world news, Persias allies have (as in the last Afghan-Persian war) come to their aid (late, again as before :rofl:), and the war is looking good for them now.

Russia & Austria both rushed for an alliance with the fallen Turkish but Russia has since cancelled theirs.

Assuming I add another war goal, I've contemplated taking New England (in place of humiliation) although with their new rebel problem it may be possible that I can knock them from the "big eight" if I were to stick to my original plan.
Hmm...:D

Last edited:
The Western Coalition is tightening its noose on America.
The Scots are healing in Montreal while the Canadians begin the occupation of Syracuse.
Coalition Armies are all over the US Western Coast and Central America.
The British & Dutch Armies in North Mexico are taking the Mountains of Sacramento when a ragtag Mexican "Army" stumbles up from the centre of Mexico & into San Fransisco.
Unwilling to abandon Sacramento for this, the Dutch stay back while the Tamil Army-North America marchs to destroy the hordes of Mexican recruits.
BattleofSanFransiscoduring.jpg

BattleofSanFransiscoAAR.jpg

The Mexicans are routed! Running like cowards as our great armies march triumphantly into Central San Fransisco with Union Jacks to the sound of British Army bands & locals proud to be liberated by the glorious british empire! :D

America recognises its downfall & attempts a peace deal.
USdemandspeacewedecline.jpg

As if I'm going to come out of such a positive situation with only the region of Michigan to show for it!
I decline, announce my intention to humiliate the Americans & call my old ally Belgium to war with the Coalition.
They happily agree.:D

Our influence has finally reached a point in Argentina that they can be considered one of the moons of our glorious empire.
They will be proud to say they officially have the support of my government.
Portugalshieldsbehindrebels.jpg

Portugal have found themselves in a rather fortunate situation, as they land on foreign beaches as they have and the Bruised & Bloody Army of the South marches toward them, they have been gifted a kind of "Rebel Shield".
The Southerners will have to fight a grueling battle against yanks that disagree with the government of America before they can meet the bayonets of the Portugese Coalition Troops.

The Scots patched their scars & begin to head south to join the Canadians in Syracuse.
Unfortunately, the Yankee-Doodle Jacobins have decided they don't like British occupation (the nerve!) and that they could run Watertown much better themselves.
The Scots soon sort out these ungrateful yanks and reunite with their Canadian comrades under command of Cyril Churchill.
RebelsCoalitionWesternfrontUS.jpg

EDIT: Older Picture, not everything is in the same place as I've described. :(

France seems to be having a spot of bother with these damn rebellious yanks too!
As they try to liberate the Region of Concord a mass of armed civilians assaults them! At the same time their already occupied region of Lewiston revolts and, being in the mist of a glorius battle and such, they cannot get to them.
The Good ol' Welsh, sporting for a fight since they clambered off the boats in Truro, happily volunteer to march down their sort those buggers out!

After a quick decisive victory over the brigade or two of rebels, the Conway Division marches upon Concord to help the French finish their glorious victory over American Liberal Rebels.
BattleofConcordwithFrenchvsRebels.jpg

With the Calcutta army marching unopposed through the Americans Steppes, the Joint Anglo-Dutch forces marching upon Mexico and the European Coalition annihalating Central America & North-Western US, this war is clearly going to be another on my (I mean, Britain's:D) long list of heroic victories!

Persia is also having success, the Afghans were gaining land from the Persian & Co. but in a impressive diplomatic move Panjab has agreed to step out of the War if all Afghanistans allies do the same.
Afghanistans allies give their occupied lands back knocking the Agressors side from -1% (that the Afghans slowly knocked down from -4) to an impressive -30% (in favour of Persia and Bukhara).

The London Regiment (still stationed in Jereusalem) hasn't been without battle, they have marched down to the Egyptian owned Sahara to allieviate them of some ruddy rebels.
The Elections have also started, stressing out my civilians to the max. :rofl: